Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Steven <st...@steven.com.hk> on 2001/12/21 05:33:33 UTC

How to use SELECT tag inside iterate tag for String array

Hi,

I want to create a table of html <select> elements, and I have a Form
bean which has a 2D String array and a 1D String array:

String[][] optionSelected;
String[] options;

I think the code in the jsp should be something like this:

<logic:iterate id="row" name="selectOptionsForm" property="optionSelected">
     <logic:iterate name="col" name="row">
     </logic:iterate>
</logic:iterate>

But what values should I assign to the "property" of the SELECT tag??

Alternatively, I've also tried not to use the iterate tag:

and the generated html looks like this:

<select name="optionSelected[0][0]">
<option value="A">A
<option value="B">B
</select>

however, when I click the "Submit" button, I got the
"ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExcepion" error!

How should I write the iterate and select tags, and the setter and
getter methods of the Form bean so that the values in "optionSelected"
are correctly retrieved and set after submission?

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

Steven