Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniela Innerwinkler <di...@edu.uni-klu.ac.at> on 2004/11/09 16:08:05 UTC

jsr-168 sample portlets in cocoon portal engine

Hi together!

To view the jsr-sample portlets i did the following:

1. install pluto as webapp in tomcat 5.0.28
2. restart tomcat - stop tomcat
3. install cocoon 2.1.5.1 as webapp in tomcat
4. remove pluto webapp
5. remove the pluto-*.jar and the portlet-api-*.jar from the Cocoon WEB-INF/lib directory
6. restart tomcat - works with errors

Then I tried to run cocoon -> doesn`t work

Message: cannot create a quartz scheduler
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet
cause
org.quartz.SchedulerException: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists.
request-uri
/cocoon/

What have I done wrong? Whats the sense of installing and deinstalling pluto?

Help is very appreciated!
Dani

Re: jsr-168 sample portlets in cocoon portal engine

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I'm not sure why the instructions tell you to remove the pluto stuff from
Cocoon. It is pretty obvious that JSR-168 portlets work, at least to some
degree, since there are a couple of them in the sample site.

I'm not sure the quartz scheduler has a lot to do with portlets....

Ralph