Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by alokdayal <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/31 10:51:16 UTC

Couldn't connect to Solr

Dear all,

I am trying to run the sample application given in your
website(SolrNet-0.2.3-sample) by using apache-Solr-1.4.0 and its giving me
error: "Couldn't connect to Solr. Please make sure that Solr is running on
http://localhost:8080/solr
Though solr on the given location is running and showing the default page.

Pls. anyone help me out for this.

ALOK DAYAL

Re: Couldn't connect to Solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
1> this is the java list, I'm guessing that you're using the .NET version,
that user's list is probably more appropriate...

2> are you sure the port is correct? The default for the Java version is
8983, not 8080, but as per <1> I'm not
sure that the default for the .NET port is.

3> when you post on the .NET users list, you need to provide lots more
details, including what you've tried and
what has failed. It's really hard to help when the message is, roughly, "it
didn't work" <G>....

Best
Erick