Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Mark Wendt (Contractor)" <ma...@nrl.navy.mil> on 2005/11/10 14:34:07 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with cgi scripts

Hi,

	I'm in the process of moving our web server from old hardware to
new.  Same OS - RHEL4 -U1-ES.  Same version of Apache -
v2.0.52.  Everything works on the old server, but not the
new.  Selinux has been disabled on both machines, and the directories
and partitions are virtually identical, except for the
size.  Permissions on all directories, as well as the user and group
are identical on each machine.  The conf files, both httpd.conf and
ssl.conf are identical.  CGI scripts are all written in perl, perl is
located at /usr/bin/perl, and #!/usr/bin/perl line is in each
script.  When I try to execute one of the cgi scripts, I get a
"Forbidden  You don't have permission to access the
/cgi-bin/<whatever>.cgi on this server."  Where else can I look to
fix this problem?  I've scoured the archives, and all the fixes point
to either selinux, or file permissions.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with cgi scripts

Posted by "Mark Wendt (Contractor)" <ma...@nrl.navy.mil>.
I did check the error log, and the error log had thus to say:
Permission denied: access to /cgi-bin/<whatever>.cgi (or .pl) denied,
referer https://mywebserver.com/.  I wouldn't have posted to the list
otherwise.

Mark

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mick England <mi...@ameritech.net>.
If the web directories are a tarballed copy then the problem must lay
with either the OS or the Apache install. If you have checked all the
permissions etc., the only other thing I can think of is to check that
mod_cgi is installed correctly on both machines -- maybe kind of obvious
but that's my last guess.

Mick.

Posted by "Mark Wendt (Contractor)" <ma...@nrl.navy.mil>.
Mick,