Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2013/02/14 22:50:49 UTC

Running the java tests

Anyone know how to run a subset of proton's Java tests? The pom.xml
explains how to do it for the jython test but not for other Java tests.

Re: Running the java tests

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 05:56 +0000, Phil Harvey wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> You can use the "test" system property, as described here:
>
> http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/single-test.html
>
> If I remember correctly, the special "pattern" property mentioned you're
> seeing in the pom is a non-standard one we added to tell JythonTest to run
> a subset of the Python tests.

Thanks! Turns out the magic incantation is:
  mvn -Dtest=SimpleTest -DfailIfNoTests=false test

Re: Running the java tests

Posted by Phil Harvey <ph...@philharveyonline.com>.
Hi Alan,

You can use the "test" system property, as described here:

http://maven.apache.org/surefire/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/single-test.html

If I remember correctly, the special "pattern" property mentioned you're
seeing in the pom is a non-standard one we added to tell JythonTest to run
a subset of the Python tests.

Note that there are not very many Java Junit tests yet,  but Keith and I
are currently looking to add some more.

Phil