Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Beelen, Marco" <ma...@merck.com> on 2007/05/10 12:36:11 UTC

[Trinidad] Publication of snapshots?

Hello,

I'm interested to trying to use Trinidad for a project I'm working on,
but I having some troubles getting started.
I'm using maven 2 as my build to so I was going to start by adding
trinidad as a dependancy, but I couldn't get it correctly.

I looked at the pom.xml of the trunk of trinidad (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/trinidad/trunk/trinidad/pom.xml
) and found the following definition:

  <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad</groupId>
  <artifactId>trinidad</artifactId>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <name>Apache MyFaces Trinidad</name>
  <version>1.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

So I added the following dependancy to my pom.xml:

	<dependency>
		<groupId>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad</groupId>
		<artifactId>trinidad</artifactId>
		<version>1.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
	</dependency>

In my pom.xml I also have a repository declaration for the Apache
Snapshot Repository.

<repository>
	<id>apache.snapshot</id>
	<name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
	<url>
		http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository
	</url>
	<releases>
		<enabled>false</enabled>
	</releases>
	<snapshots>
		<enabled>true</enabled>
	</snapshots>
</repository>

But when I run mvn compile and maven wants to start downloading the
trinidad-dependancies, it can't find the pom.xml (
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/tr
inidad/trinidad/1.0.1-SNAPSHOT/trinidad-1.0.1-SNAPSHOT.pom )

Since some firewall policy prevent me to checkout the project from the
subversion repository I can't build it myself.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a possible way to get access to trididad as a snapshot using
maven 2? (until a stable release will be available)
Is the MyFaces project going to setup deployment of snapshots of
trididad to the apache snapshot repositry?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

With kind regards,
    Marco Beelen

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is
available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be
confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this
message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then
delete it from your system.

Re: [Trinidad] Publication of snapshots?

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
I don't think the continuum server has been updated
since our source code was moved out of the incubator
a couple of weeks ago.  As a result, we've got

         <dependency>
                 <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad</groupId>
                 <artifactId>trinidad-api</artifactId>
                 <version>1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
         </dependency>
         <dependency>
                 <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad</groupId>
                 <artifactId>trinidad-impl</artifactId>
                 <version>1.0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
         </dependency>

Note the "incubating" (which will go away once the continuum
server gets updated), and also that we have two artifacts,
trinidad-api and trinidad-impl.

-- Adam