Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/06 22:18:45 UTC

New Extensions website goes live!

We are updating http://extensions.openoffice.org to tturn on all
enhancements previously made available at the test website.

All users accounts will be migrated, along with associated passwords and
users content.

 http://extensions.openoffice.org may be temporarily unavailable or slow
down.

Once the migration will be completed "update notifications" will be
activated.

Roberto

Re: New Extensions website goes live!

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/19 Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>

> On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 12:01:12PM -0300, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> > The download buttons for externally hosted extensions (or at least for
> > this one:
> >
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql-driver-apache-openoffice
> )
> > give an "Access denied" error page.
>
> Confirmed also with
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/eurooffice-nonlinear-solver

We are fixing a number of issues like that. I can tell we didn't loose any
download information in the process, but some projects were using the
'thank you link' to actually serve downloads and we are working to recover
those as well.

Roberto

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ariel Constenla-Haile <ar...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 07:26:16AM +0200, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> AOOE has been successfully migrated, below a concise list of improvements,
> a blog post on SF will follow next week (possibly coordinating  that with
> the new AOO release).
>
> 1. The whole platform has been upgraded to a web 2.0ish style. Adding more
> content, serve developers' needs as well as scale with end-users' growth is
> easier now.
>
> 2. The look&feel has been updated and aligned with the new AOO 4 look. We
> put the word 'beta' in the header, to be removed once the new release will
> go out.
>
> 3.  The search has been improved and it provides the autocomplete
> functionality (try it out writing 'dr' for example).
>
> 4. The auto-update for Extensions has been reactivated.
>
> 5. A new feature allows devs to report AOO 4.0 compatibility for their
> extensions, and by default we set all to 'unknown'. Have a look at
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/upgrade/400/abcdef+754758+df418f+a81383 to
> get an example.
>
> Note that to take full advantage of this new feature we need authors to set
> properly the compatibility field, and to crack a new Extension to check
> extensions compatibility or changes (it should check which extensions are
> installed, e.g. A, B, C and then call
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/upgrade/400/A+B+C). Maybe we can discuss
> further option once AOO 4 will be released.
>
> 6. Finally Extensions authors have full control over comments and spam.

The download buttons for externally hosted extensions (or at least for
this one:
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/mysql-driver-apache-openoffice)
give an "Access denied" error page.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina

Re: New Extensions website goes live!

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/13 Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>

> 2013/7/13 Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>

> > > Indeed!

> > > I'll cover that at the SF blog as usual, open to do something that
> makes
> > > sense for AOO blog too, sure.
> > >
> > > Give me a day or two, I want to finalize the migration before.
> > >

> > AOOE has been successfully migrated, below a concise list of
> improvements,
> > a blog post on SF will follow next week (possibly coordinating  that with
> > the new AOO release).
> >
> > 1. The whole platform has been upgraded to a web 2.0ish style. Adding
> more
> > content, serve developers' needs as well as scale with end-users' growth
> is
> > easier now.
> >
> > 2. The look&feel has been updated and aligned with the new AOO 4 look. We
> > put the word 'beta' in the header, to be removed once the new release
> will
> > go out.
> >
> > 3.  The search has been improved and it provides the autocomplete
> > functionality (try it out writing 'dr' for example).
> >
> > 4. The auto-update for Extensions has been reactivated.
> >
> > 5. A new feature allows devs to report AOO 4.0 compatibility for their
> > extensions, and by default we set all to 'unknown'. Have a look at
> >
> http://extensions.openoffice.org/upgrade/400/abcdef+754758+df418f+a81383to
> > get an example.
> >
> > Note that to take full advantage of this new feature we need authors to
> set
> > properly the compatibility field, and to crack a new Extension to check
> > extensions compatibility or changes (it should check which extensions are
> > installed, e.g. A, B, C and then call
> > http://extensions.openoffice.org/upgrade/400/A+B+C). Maybe we can
> discuss
> > further option once AOO 4 will be released.
> >
> > 6. Finally Extensions authors have full control over comments and spam.
> >
> > Roberto
> >

> Great!
>
> A quick question for the future: will the site be translated into more
> languages?

Sure! We upgraded to Drupal 7 that has a nice multi-lingual support, but we
do not have yet the files we use for OpenOffice (Pootle).

We might need to talk to Jurgen once is back and see how to move on.

Roberto

Posted by Ricardo Berlasso <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.
2013/7/13 Tsutomu Uchino <ha...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for gread features.
>
> When I added new release as "Host on this site", it got wrong version
> number of the package [1].
> The package contains <version value="0.2.4"/> but 4.0 is shown.
> It seems minimal-version was used for the package version.

This bug has been fixed, thanks for heads up.

Roberto

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
Great stuff and perfect timing... thanks Roberto and SF!

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.