Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by HF...@ohlogistics.com on 2004/02/27 16:06:06 UTC

Keytore and Veriisgn certificates

I have been wrestling with getting a CA certificate into my keystore file.
I Keep getting an error message of
Public Keys in reply and keystore don't match.

The steps are pretty simple. I've rtfm and stfw.
But I can't find an explanation for this error.
step 1) create the csr
step 2) sent if off to verisign
step 3) get CA certificate back, get a copy of the intermediate/trusted
root/chain certificate
step 4) load intermediate into Keystore
step 5) load CA into Keystore.

step 5 is where the process fails.
Am I leaving out a step? or ?
any ideas would be helpful

Thanks ahead of time

Henry R Faust
EDI Analyst
Ozburn-Hessey Logistics
W: (615) 524-3648
C:  (615) 300-0352
IM: HenryFaust

Re: Keytore and Veriisgn certificates

Posted by Mark Foster <ma...@foster.cc>.
On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 09:06:06AM -0600, HFaust@ohlogistics.com wrote:
> I have been wrestling with getting a CA certificate into my keystore file.
> I Keep getting an error message of
> Public Keys in reply and keystore don't match.
>
> The steps are pretty simple. I've rtfm and stfw.
> But I can't find an explanation for this error.
> step 1) create the csr
> step 2) sent if off to verisign
> step 3) get CA certificate back, get a copy of the intermediate/trusted
> root/chain certificate
> step 4) load intermediate into Keystore
> step 5) load CA into Keystore.
>
> step 5 is where the process fails.
> Am I leaving out a step? or ?
> any ideas would be helpful

Have you read http://mark.foster.cc/kb/keytool ??
It would help if you showed the keytool commands you are using at each step
as well as the output of keytool -list -v
--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <ma...@foster.cc>  http://mark.foster.cc/