Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by schneidc <si...@gmx.de> on 2010/01/09 10:27:26 UTC

[Trinidad] commandButton doesn't fire (missing onclick attribute)

Hi,

I've just been playing around with MyFaces (1.2.8), Trinidad(1.2.12) on a
Glassfish (V3) app server and everything went better than I thought it would
(as I'm still pretty new to this technology).

But when I tried to test the page I built, I noticed that none of my buttons
works. I posted a similar problem a few days ago and there I forgot to add
the RessourceServlet. Well this time I didn't forget about that, as the JS
libraries are there, but for some reason when I had a look at the generated
HTML, none of the buttons has an "onclick" attribute. Ok this is the reason
why it doesn't fire, but how to come that the attribute is missing?

Thanks
Simon

Re: [Trinidad] commandButton doesn't fire (missing onclick attribute)

Posted by schneidc <si...@gmx.de>.
How embarrasing, there was indeed the form tag missing. My former IDE always
took care of such things and inserted them by itself.
Maybe one should't get used to drag & drop features too much :-)

Re: [Trinidad] commandButton doesn't fire (missing onclick attribute)

Posted by Michael Kurz <mi...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

just a shot in the dark: do you have a form surrounding your buttons?

regards
Michael