Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/01/03 17:49:21 UTC

Releasing Wicket 1.3 now?

Hi there!

I  see that  you started  a vote  last year  (in 2006)  to release
Wicket 1.3.  What is the plan  now, what is the expected deadline?
How can I contribute to make that release happen now?

It begins to be  more and more difficult for our  team to stick to
Wicket 1.2.4  as many useful features  have been added to  the 1.x
branch in the last weeks, and  many things have been refactored as
well.

To give a concrete example why I  need to switch to 1.3 very soon:
our project  relies heavily  on Dojo, thus  on wicket-contrib-dojo
that is  developed for 1.x  and trunk  only, not for  any released
version  of  Wicket  as   that  would  require  maintaining  three
branches!

Thanks in advance for your awaited answers.
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty

Re: Releasing Wicket 1.3 now?

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
the code is ready, but this being our first official apache release we have
some hoops to jump through. we have to make sure all the red-tape stuff is
done.

look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-180 for more details

-igor