Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by "Chaturvedi, Puneet" <pc...@columnit.com> on 2013/02/25 11:28:02 UTC

Sorting issue

Hi,
I have an issue with sorting in solr . I want to sort the solr results on the basis of a field which has "indexed" property set to "true" and is not multivalued. I am setting the sorting parameters using the "addSortField" method. Still I cannot see the solr results not sorted . Can you please guide me as to what needs to be done to solve this issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Puneet Chaturvedi

Re: Sorting issue

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
You have to give us some more idea what you _are_ seeing. Just because a
field isn't multiValued doesn't mean you can sort on it, it must also not
be tokenized, so text fields that have an analysis chain are generally not
good candidates for sorting.

What do your solr logs show? What response do you get? Can you sort just by
using the browser URL?

You might want to review:

Best
Erick