Posted to user@commons.apache.org by hrjk <ha...@zeniitti.net> on 2006/04/26 08:29:09 UTC

[VFS] Can not access file share with latest nightly builds

Hi.

I'm currently using commons-vfs-1.0-RC8-SNAPSHOT.jar dated 3.4.2006. I
tried upgrading to nightly build dated 25.4.2006, and started experiencing
problems.

For some reason following exception is thrown for directories on mapped
drives:
org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not list the contents of
"file:///O:/somefolder" because it is not a folder.

So the directories behind mapped drive are shown as imaginary. Is this a
known problem, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

-hrjk

Re: [VFS] Can not access file share with latest nightly builds

Posted by hrjk <ha...@zeniitti.net>.
> Hi!
>> For some reason following exception is thrown for directories on mapped
>> drives:
>> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not list the contents
>> of
>> "file:///O:/somefolder" because it is not a folder.
>>
> I dont have an idea.
> It would be great if you manage to set a breakpoint in
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.LocalFile around line 86 (first
> statement in method doGetType) and see where the "file" instance points
> to and which exit will be taken.

At the beginning of doGetType() method, file.exists() == false and
file.length == 0. So FileType.IMAGINARY is returned.

Following lists the file properties:

attached true
children null
content null
objects null
parent null
type null

name
 uri "file:////123.123.123.123/SomeShare$/SomeFolder"
 rootUri "file:////123.123.123.123/SomeShare$/"
 absPath "/SomeFolder"
 extension null
 scheme "file"
 baseName null

type
 hasAttrs true
 hasChildren false
 hasContent true
 name "file"

The FileSystemException is thrown from AbstractFileObject, in
getChildren() method:
  if (!type.hasChildren())
  {
    throw new
FileSystemException("vfs.provider/list-children-not-folder.error",
name);
  }

Hopefully this information tells you something.

Posted by hrjk <ha...@zeniitti.net>.
> Hi!
>
> The problem should be fixed now, could you please try the next nightly
> or svn head.
>
> Thanks!
> Ciao,
> Mario

Hi.

Latest nightly (20060427) fixes the error.

Posted by hrjk <ha...@zeniitti.net>.
> Hi!
>> For some reason following exception is thrown for directories on mapped
>> drives:
>> org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not list the contents
>> of
>> "file:///O:/somefolder" because it is not a folder.
>>
> I dont have an idea.
> It would be great if you manage to set a breakpoint in
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.local.LocalFile around line 86 (first
> statement in method doGetType) and see where the "file" instance points
> to and which exit will be taken.

Sorry, did not read the mail carefully enough.

So this problem exists on both direct IP connection to share, and with
mapped drives.

O:/sharedFolder
//123.123.123.123/share/sharedFolder

File instance contains following information in both connections:
 path "\\sharedFolder"
 prefixLength 1

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!