Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Bhamani, Nizar A TL56E" <Ni...@ace-ina.com> on 2002/10/25 00:46:46 UTC

Dynamic Forms using XML

I have a scenario where, I need to develop Dynamic forms using an XML.
i.e. the XML will specify what fields (all types of fields) need to be
displayed
on what page (i.e. page1, page2, etc). Has anybody out there worked on
a similar scenario using Struts? Any help/input on this will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Nizar Bhamani

CONFIDENTIALITY
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and also may be privileged.
If you are not the named recipient, or have otherwise received this
communication in error, please delete it from your inbox, notify the sender
immediately, and do not disclose its contents to any other person,
use them for any purpose, or store or copy them in any medium.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Dynamic Forms using XML

Posted by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com>.
Did you get a reply to this?

I am faced with a similar situation but in my case the information is coming
form a database. I created my Beans which had the properties to specify the
field type. Display Label, ids(name), etc. When I unmarshall my information
from the database I construct a collection of these beans. This colleciton
is passed on to the presentation to the Custom Tags that do the needed
rendering of the HTML fields.

Any comments/suggestions/improvements?

/* A

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>