Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/11/23 13:30:12 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "How_to_create_tests" by JanLehnardt

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The "How_to_create_tests" page has been changed by JanLehnardt:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/How_to_create_tests?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4

Comment:
explained create test UI, and CLI runnage

   * When a test is failing, re-run the single test repeatedly.

  == To create a new test ==
-  * Go to: (couch source)/share/www/script/couch_tests.js
   * Either:
+   * Go to http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils/custom_test.html
+   * Start writing your test case
+   * Click "Run" to  run it.
+   * To make this test case permanent, do this:
+  * Or:
+    * Go to: (couch source)/share/www/script/couch_tests.js
+    * Either:
-   * Add lines to an existing test
+     * Add lines to an existing test
-   * Create a new test in the 'tests' hash
+     * Create a new test in the 'tests' hash

  == Steps to run your test ==
   * 1: Run this command from your couchdb source dir
    * sudo make install
-  * 2: Run the tests in your browser
+  * 2: Run the tests in your browser or on the command line (master > 1.2):
+   * Browser:
-   * reload first
+    * reload first
-   * see 'To run the existing tests' heading above
+    * see 'To run the existing tests' heading above
+   * CLI:
+    * ./test/javascript/run (run all tests)
+    * ./test/javascript/run foo (run test "foo")

  == Example ==
  I added these lines to the 'lots_of_docs' method, to make the test fail:
@@ -47, +57 @@

  Then I attached the diff to an existing Jira bug that described the issue.

-
- == Ideas for future ==
-  * davisp mentioned the idea of building a UI in futon
-   * Which will allow you to create/modify tests
-