Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com> on 2008/08/17 23:32:59 UTC

findParty (PartyServices.java)

hi,
I think someone who understands the findParty method is probably the best
person to answer this.
I have a screen and form as detailed below.
I am trying to get the data from the person entity for the logged in user
and display it in a form.
Am I missing some parameters? or something else?
I am trying to debug this looking at the existing screens and forms but if
someone who understands this method can help, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
-Milind

The error:

org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://ebp/widget/EBPScreens.xml#main]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error rendering screen
[component://ebp/widget/EBPScreens.xml#main-decorator]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error getting value from the database
for display of field [firstName] on form [profile]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException:
[GenericDelegator.findByPrimaryKey] Passed primary key is not a valid
primary key: [GenericEntity:Person][firstName,THE(java.lang.String)]
(Error getting value from the database for display of field [firstName] on
form [profile]: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException:
[GenericDelegator.findByPrimaryKey] Passed primary key is not a valid
primary key: [GenericEntity:Person][firstName,THE(java.lang.String)])
(Error rendering screen
[component://ebp/widget/EBPScreens.xml#main-decorator]:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Error getting value from the database
for display of field [firstName] on form [profile]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException:
[GenericDelegator.findByPrimaryKey] Passed primary key is not a valid
primary key: [GenericEntity:Person][firstName,THE(java.lang.String)]
(Error getting value from the database for display of field [firstName] on
form [profile]: org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException:
[GenericDelegator.findByPrimaryKey] Passed primary key is not a valid
primary key: [GenericEntity:Person][firstName,THE(java.lang.String)]))

The Screen:
    <screen name="main">
        <section>
            <actions>
                <set field="headerItem" value="Main"/>
				<set field="roleTypeId" value="CONTACT"/>
                <set field="partyTypeId" value="PERSON"/>
                <set field="headerItem" value="Contacts"/>
				<set field="partyId" value="${userLogin.partyId}"/>
				<set field="lookupFlag" value="Y"/>
				<set field="extInfo" value="N"/>
				<set field="roleTypeId" value="ANY"/>
				<entity-one entity-name="Person" value-name="Person" />
            </actions>
            <widgets>
                <decorator-screen name="main-decorator"
location="component://ebp/widget/EBPScreens.xml">
					   <decorator-section name="body">
                        <section>

                            <actions>
                                <service service-name="findParty"
auto-field-map="true"/>
                            </actions>
                            <widgets>
                                <container style="screenlet">
                                    <container style="screenlet-body">
                                        <section>
                                            <condition>
                                                <not><if-empty
field-name="partyList"/></not>
                                            </condition>
                                            <widgets>
                                                <include-form
name="profile"
location="component://ebp/widget/EBPForms.xml"/>
                                            </widgets>
                                            <fail-widgets>
                                                <container style="h3">
                                                    <label
text="PARTY_NOT_FOUND"/>
                                                </container>
                                            </fail-widgets>
                                        </section>
                                    </container>
                                </container>
                            </widgets>
                        </section>
                    </decorator-section>
                </decorator-screen>
            </widgets>
        </section>
    </screen>

The FORM:
    <form name="profile" type="list" target="Person"
default-entity-name="Person"   >
		<actions>
            <entity-condition entity-name="Person">
                <condition-expr field-name="partyId"
value="${userLogin.partyId}"/>
                <order-by field-name="partyId"/>
            </entity-condition>
			<entity-one entity-name="PartyType" value-name="partyType">
                <field-map field-name="partyTypeId"
env-name="partyRow.partyTypeId"/>
            </entity-one>
        </actions>
		<field name="partyId" title="PartyId" ><display-entity
entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="firstName"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="middleName"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="lastName"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="personalTitle"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="gender"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="birthDate"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="occupation"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="lastModifiedDate"><display-entity
entity-name="Person"/></field>
		<field name="lastModifiedByUserLogin"><display-entity
entity-name="Person"/></field>
	</form>

Re: findParty (PartyServices.java)

Posted by Ravi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hello milind ,
I suggest you to follow the step suggested by the BJ and try to print each
the value of each one that you want on form like "partyList" to confirm that
whether something is there or not and see other component also where this
method "findParty" is used . I think then probably you get the answer. If
after that you have error's so post them here may be someone help you.

Thanks
Ravi

Re: findParty (PartyServices.java)

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
Thanks BJ,
Understand your sentiment and pointer and yes it is frustrating :)
I was down the path you suggested (comparing stuff that works and my
custom code) before I posted here.

This bring me back to my original question if someone can see something
that is obviously and/or specifically missing (based on the data I
provided and/or the error message) I would like to hear, otherwise I am
debugging away to glory :)

-Milind

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
Oh and it still gives the same error

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
one last note:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
actually the answer is there.
you need to compare what you wrote to it.
but from now on, I will not respond to you emails
:)

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Milind W <ma...@mymunshi.com>.
Found my problem.

It was my form, I was using 'display-entity' instead of 'display' for the
field.

e.g
<field name="firstName"><display-entity entity-name="Person"/></field>
Changed it to
and now the form works fine I can retrieve the data for the logged in user
from the person entity.

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
It's been that way for a few years at least, you can see what is made
available in ScreenRenderer.populateContextForRequest() and in turn
populateBasicContext().

Regarding entity-one the code looks for the primary keys in the
parameters map first and then looks in the context itself, if anything
is found in the context then that overrides what was found in the
parameters map.

Regards
Scott

Posted by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian

Posted by ian tabangay <it...@gmail.com>.
Hi. I think your problem is that youre not passing the partyId value or its
value is null. First, entity-one needs you to provide all primary keys for
it to return something (hence the error: [GenericDelegator.
findByPrimaryKey] Passed primary key is not a valid primary key:...) Second,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you also might consider using the lookup screens
lookupPerson
applications\party\webapp\partymgr\lookup