Posted to user@spark.apache.org by raaggarw <ra...@adobe.com> on 2016/06/06 05:30:35 UTC

Timeline for supporting basic operations like groupBy, joins etc on Streaming DataFrames

Hi,
I am Ravi, Computer scientist @ Adobe Systems. We have been actively using
Spark for our internal projects. Recently we had a need for ETL on streaming
data, so we were exploring Spark 2.0 for that.
*But as i could see, the streaming dataframes do not support basic
operations like Joins, groupBy etc. Also outputMode is not something which
is exposed via DataFrameWriter as of now.*
*So I wanted to know what are the timelines for adding support for all these
things in spark*. Because accordingly we will have to choose the right
direction to meet timelines of our project in Adobe.

Thanks
Ravi
Computer Scientist
raaggarw@adobe.com