Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kim Albee <mt...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/14 22:04:36 UTC

James can send but not receive email???

I've got James 2.3.1 set up on a Fedora Core 4 linux server.  I've got
it sending emails to the internet just fine, and receiving mail sent
from localhost works just fine.  But receiving mail from outside the
server appears not to be working.  The MX settings for the domain
appear to be correct.  What can I check, what needs to happen to allow
James to receive emails?

thanks,
Kim :-)

Re: James can send but not receive email???

Posted by Andoni OConchubhair <an...@ireland.com>.
Hi,

Can you tell if this has ever worked before or are you just doing an
initial setup?

If everything is looking good and your MX records are fine but are new
(only set up in the last 24 hours) then it may simply be that they have
not propagated to the server that you are sending the email from.

Andoni.