Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ken Krugler <kk...@transpac.com> on 2011/11/14 04:48:39 UTC

Distributed search and binary fields w/Solr 3.4

Hi there,

I'm running into a problem, where queries that are distributed among multiple shards don't return binary field data properly.

If I hit a single core, the XML response to my HTTP request contains the expected data.

If I hit the request handler that's configured to distribute the request to my shards, the XML contains "B[B<hex address>",

It looks like I wind up getting the <byte array>.toString() data, not the actual data itself.

Has anybody else run into this? I've done a fair amount of searching, but no hits yet.

Next step is to create a unit test in Solr, if nobody raises their hand, and then walk it.

Thanks,

-- Ken

Ken Krugler
http://www.scaleunlimited.com