Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Priyank Thakkar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/05 12:50:34 UTC

MemoryStorageProvider vs JcrStorageProvider

Hi All,

When should I go for JcrStorageProvider?

I want to figure out the difference between MemoryStorageProvider and
JcrStorageProvider.

Kindly help. I am very new to xmpp

- Priyank Thakkar

Re: MemoryStorageProvider vs JcrStorageProvider

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 5:44 PM, Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fondermann@gmail.com

> With InMemoryStorageProvider you loose all data after Vysper has been
> terminated.
> JcrStorageProvider gives you persistency.
> In the current development branch, JcrStorageProvider is discontinued
> (since JCR has not spread so widely and is not bugfree) in favor for HBase.
> More Providers are welcome though.

correction: JCR/Jackrabbit itself is bug-free, but Vysper's use of it is
not.

  Bernd

Re: MemoryStorageProvider vs JcrStorageProvider

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

With InMemoryStorageProvider you loose all data after Vysper has been
terminated.
JcrStorageProvider gives you persistency.
In the current development branch, JcrStorageProvider is discontinued
(since JCR has not spread so widely and is not bugfree) in favor for HBase.
More Providers are welcome though.

  Bernd