Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2007/06/16 01:43:00 UTC

[Axis2] How easy to invoke and deploy a service in Axis2

In the hackathon we came up with this very cool feature called
*deploying a service in two steps !!!*

Isn't that a cool to start an Axis2 server and deploy a service in only
two steps , yes it is cool , Try this out.

Say you have a service class called , MyService as follows,

public class MyService {

   public String helloWord(){
         return "HelloWord!!";
   }
}

Next

  AxisServer server = new AxisServer();*  // (step1)**
  *server.deployService(MyService.class.getName());*  //(step2)*
}

Next go and browse
“http://localhost:6060/axis2/services/MyService/helloWord
<http://localhost:6060/axis2/services/>” and see what you are getting.

<ns:helloWordResponse>
   <return>HelloWord!!</return>
</ns:helloWordResponse>

So see how simple to create and invoke a service in Axis2 !!!!

Thanks
Deepal

Re: [Axis2] How easy to invoke and deploy a service in Axis2

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hey Srinath,
May be you could ;-). I just posted a message, have a look.

On 6/15/07, Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> plus it can not be lesser, I do not think anyone can deploy a service
> without writing single line of code!!!.
>
> Thanks
> Srinath
>

> On 6/15/07, Glen Mazza <gr...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Big deal.  My code has 50% fewer steps:  ;-)
> >
> > public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
> >     (new AxisServer()).deployService(MyService.class.getName());
> > }
> >
> > Glen
> >
> > Am Freitag, den 15.06.2007, 19:43 -0400 schrieb Deepal Jayasinghe:
> > > In the hackathon we came up with this very cool feature called
> > > *deploying a service in two steps !!!*
> > >

> > > Isn't that a cool to start an Axis2 server and deploy a service in only
> > > two steps , yes it is cool , Try this out.
> > >
> > > Say you have a service class called , MyService as follows,
> > >
> > > public class MyService {
> > >
> > >    public String helloWord(){
> > >          return "HelloWord!!";
> > >    }
> > > }
> > >
> > > Next
> > >
> > > public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception{
> > >   AxisServer server = new AxisServer();*  // (step1)**
> > >   *server.deployService(MyService.class.getName());*  //(step2)*
> > > }
> > >
> > > Next go and browse
> > > "http://localhost:6060/axis2/services/MyService/helloWord
> > > <http://localhost:6060/axis2/services/>" and see what you are getting.
> > >
> > > <ns:helloWordResponse>
> > >    <return>HelloWord!!</return>
> > > </ns:helloWordResponse>
> > >
> > > So see how simple to create and invoke a service in Axis2 !!!!
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Deepal

Chathura Herath
http://people.apache.org/~chathura/
http://chathurah.blogspot.com/

Re: [Axis2] How easy to invoke and deploy a service in Axis2

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.

One quick note on this. If your service implementation class is not
public, then I get a "nice" NPE from RPCInOutMessageReceiver. I think we
discussed about this during the hackathon. Just wanted to relate it to
this :)

Posted by Bill Taylor <wa...@alum.mit.edu>.
On 6/15/07, Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> wrote:
> Hi Chathura,
>
> In tomcat (or any axis2 system) you can deploy service without having an
> aar file , you can deploy just .class files and Axis2 make them as
> services. So what you have to do is add following tag into axis2.xml
> (which we will add by default) , and create a directory called "pojo"
> and drop your .class files.
>
>  <deployer class="org.apache.axis2.deployment.POJODeployer"
> directory="pojo" extension=".class"/>
>
> And you get hot deployment and hot update as well , and if you do not
> like the name pojo create whatever file name you want and change the
> directory attribute to that folder name and drop you class there.

This is very, very cool.  I think you for telling us this.  However,
when I did it, I could not see how to jave the java code return a SOAP
error return in cse of an error.  As I understand the POJO methodolgy,
there is no way to return a SOAP error.  If you could help with that,
I would very much appreciate it.  My code sometimes has to return
errors.

Re: SOAP and WSDL

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
May be looking for a '\0' will do it ?

Re: SOAP and WSDL

Re: SOAP and WSDL

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
But for sending plain URLs to an engine to retrieve the WSDL I am
assuming GET
will do ?

Re: SOAP and WSDL

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Excellent - thanks Martin.

Re: SOAP and WSDL

SOAP and WSDL

Posted by Demetris G <de...@ece.neu.edu>.
Hey all,

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
/me thinks about a service and Axis2 automatically generates code and
deploys it :)

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Chathura,

Posted by Chathura Herath <ch...@gmail.com>.