Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Susan Cline <sl...@MeepZor.Com> on 2005/01/25 21:40:29 UTC

Re: [ Re: Eclipse plug-in for Derby base]

Susan Cline wrote:
> I am an IBM employee and can work on getting the JCC jdbc driver
> available as an additional plug-in which will add the Network Server
> connectivity functionality to your plug-in.
>
> This plug-in would need to be downloaded from an IBM site, and dependent
> on your plug-in.
>
> It would allow folks to run the network server from within Eclipse and
> possibly use ij to run SQL against the network server.

This plug-in is now available from an IBM download site.  As mentioned
above, it requires Rajesh's Derby Core plug-in since the Derby plug-in
has the derby jar files.  The new plug-in is called IBM Integration
plug-in for Derby.  It's free - although you do have to register for the
download and agree to the license.

Go to:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/dm-0501cline/

There is a Download and Install section in this article.  Download the
file cloudscape_ui_plugin_1.0.zip from IBM's developerWorks.  There has
been some confusion about which file to get once you click on the link
for developerWorks because there is a long list of items to download
from.  The item you want to select is the second in the list and appears as:

Tool: IBM Cloudscape (IBM Integration plug-in for Derby)

There's documentation in the Help System about how to get started using
Derby with Eclipse.  This plug-in does allow you to run the Derby
Network Server from within Eclipse and to issue ij commands and run
entire SQL scripts via ij.  You'll need both the Apache Derby Core
plug-in and this Integration plug-in for Derby to do this though, since
the Integration plug-in does not contain the derby jar files.

Susan

Re: [ Re: Eclipse plug-in for Derby base]

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Hi, Susan,

I'll update the integration summary page at
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/misc.html, but I'm a little
confused. What's the difference between this plug-in and the one at
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_plugin.html ?

thanks,

 -jean

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.