Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Josh Goldsborough <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/17 17:22:27 UTC

[Julia] Does Spark.jl work in Zeppelin's existing Spark/livy.spark interpreters?

Wondering if anyone has had success using the Spark.jl
<https://github.com/dfdx/Spark.jl> library for Spark to support Julia using
one of Zeppelin's spark interpreters.

Thanks!
-Josh

Re: [Julia] Does Spark.jl work in Zeppelin's existing Spark/livy.spark interpreters?

Posted by Josh Goldsborough <jo...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I know with Spark.jl I can within Julia a spark package & work within
Julia & invoke Spark methods.  But I was wondering if I can do a different
but still similar hybrid approach via Zeppelin.  So like how SparkR allows
me to freely swap between Spark & R style & use an R type syntax.  This
would be, use a Julia type syntax & freely interplay between Julia &
Spark.  But it sounds like the answer is no.  I created a new feature
request for this ZEPPELIN-3437.

Thanks!

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.

Re: [Julia] Does Spark.jl work in Zeppelin's existing Spark/livy.spark interpreters?

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈