Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Thomas <Th...@t-online.de> on 2010/11/27 15:50:23 UTC

Language of error message

Hi,

can someone please advise what is determining the language which will be seen in
error messages? Is this depend on the locale of the machine? I am currently
seeing messages in german, but would like to switch to english, but don't know
how to do that.

Thanks in advance
Thomas

Re: Language of error message

Posted by Peter Ondruška <pe...@gmail.com>.
It is determined by JRE's system locale. You probably use German
locale in your system's settings. If you are on Unix, set
LC_ALL=en_US, if you are on Windows go to regional settings in control
panel. If you cannot any of those try using your application with
additional JRE parameter -Dlanguage=en.

--
Peter

Re: Language of error message

Posted by Peter Ondruška <pe...@gmail.com>.
Yeah,that's what I ment... just forgot "user."

Posted by Marco Ferretti <ma...@gmail.com>.
set locale from vm options?