Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/01 02:03:37 UTC

OpenJPA face-to-face meeting

Hi,

Next week, a number of the members of the OpenJPA community will be
meeting at the BEA offices in San Jose (and virtually on the phone and
online) for a two-day technical pow-wow. We're planning to go out to
dinner and socializing on Monday evening.

So, if you'd like to get involved in the technical sessions or the
festivities, take a look at the wiki page for the event [1].

-Patrick

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/openjpa/OpenJPA+Up+Close+and+Personal

--
Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: OpenJPA face-to-face meeting

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
On Aug 1, 2007, at 10:09 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Yes, I think that they can be.
>
> Also, we can record the conference calls, although I kinda think that
> there's no way I'd ever actually listen to a phone conversation after
> the fact.

The only value would be in using it for transcribing/taking notes.
But I think that editing the notes on the wiki should suffice. So I
wouldn't record the conference calls.

Crai

> -Patrick
>
> On 8/1/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>> If webex is universally available, I'm fine with that. Are webex
>> sessions recorded?
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Aug 1, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:
>>
>>> I do, more or less.
>>>
>>> I was planning to get a webex login set up so we could share
>>> desktops
>>> and presentations and whatnot; do you think it's worth it to have
>>> both?
>>>
>>> -Patrick

>>> --
>>> Patrick Linskey
>>> 202 669 5907
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>

> --
> Patrick Linskey
> 202 669 5907

Craig Russell

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I think that they can be.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
If webex is universally available, I'm fine with that. Are webex
sessions recorded?

Craig

On Aug 1, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> I do, more or less.
>
> I was planning to get a webex login set up so we could share desktops
> and presentations and whatnot; do you think it's worth it to have
> both?
>
> -Patrick
>
> On 7/31/07, Craig L Russell <Cr...@sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi Patrick,
>>
>> Do you know how to set up an IRC chat for the meeting? Maybe have a
>> separate computer/display for the IRC channel? This would be a good
>> exercise if there is an IRC-competent engineer on site.
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> On Jul 31, 2007, at 5:03 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Next week, a number of the members of the OpenJPA community will be
>>> meeting at the BEA offices in San Jose (and virtually on the
>>> phone and
>>> online) for a two-day technical pow-wow. We're planning to go out to
>>> dinner and socializing on Monday evening.
>>>
>>> So, if you'd like to get involved in the technical sessions or the
>>> festivities, take a look at the wiki page for the event [1].
>>>
>>> -Patrick
>>>
>>> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/openjpa/OpenJPA+Up
>>> +Close+and+Personal
>>>
>>> --
>>> Patrick Linskey
>>> 202 669 5907
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>

> --
> Patrick Linskey
> 202 669 5907

Craig Russell

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
I do, more or less.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Patrick,

Do you know how to set up an IRC chat for the meeting? Maybe have a
separate computer/display for the IRC channel? This would be a good
exercise if there is an IRC-competent engineer on site.

Craig

On Jul 31, 2007, at 5:03 PM, Patrick Linskey wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Next week, a number of the members of the OpenJPA community will be
> meeting at the BEA offices in San Jose (and virtually on the phone and
> online) for a two-day technical pow-wow. We're planning to go out to
> dinner and socializing on Monday evening.
>
> So, if you'd like to get involved in the technical sessions or the
> festivities, take a look at the wiki page for the event [1].
>
> -Patrick
>
> [1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/openjpa/OpenJPA+Up
> +Close+and+Personal
>
> --