Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/05 00:13:50 UTC

GSoC 2015 - Replace OODT's XMLPRC with Avro's RPC

Hello,
I applied for this project. I compiled and studied the source code, and I
am ready to devote time to become more familiar with this project, i want
to contribute besides the task of replacing XMLRPC with Avro's RPC, can you
point me to some minor task or bug, so i can try to solve it?

Thank you,
Radu.

Re: GSoC 2015 - Replace OODT's XMLPRC with Avro's RPC

Posted by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thanks for accepting my proposal as the gsoc student for the project. First
of all, I would like to ask, what are the next steps.
And what do you think about my plan from proposal.
Thanks,
Radu.

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you awesome work

------------------------
Chris Mattmann
chris.mattmann@gmail.com

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Dynamite
Will review and commit most likely by EoD if all OK.

--
*Lewis*

Re: GSoC 2015 - Replace OODT's XMLPRC with Avro's RPC

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thank you awesome work

------------------------
Chris Mattmann
chris.mattmann@gmail.com

Posted by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*

Re: GSoC 2015 - Replace OODT's XMLPRC with Avro's RPC

Posted by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hey Radu,

wrote:

> Hi Chris,
> I made a Tika extractor for the file manager. How should I post the diff? A
> github pull request or attach a diff file to the jira item?

Either or. Typically people here quite like review boards as well. Can you
plea open one and link to  it from the OODT Jira issue?
http://reviews.apache.org

> Also, is there a code conventions page?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/Getting+started+with+Apache+OODT#GettingstartedwithApacheOODT-StepThree:UsingtheJIRAandDeveloping\
Thanks
Lewis

Re: GSoC 2015 - Replace OODT's XMLPRC with Avro's RPC

Posted by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,
I made a Tika extractor for the file manager. How should I post the diff? A
github pull request or attach a diff file to the jira item?
Also, is there a code conventions page? I couldn't seem to find it on the
wiki.
Thanks,
Radu.

Posted by Radu Manole <ma...@gmail.com>.