Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2007/02/28 22:35:13 UTC

LauncherUsage.txt, was: Running Java SCA Calculators sample?

On Feb 28, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Simon Laws wrote:

> On 2/28/07, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> This might be a CRLF issue with the master copy for the test output
>> as it works for me on OSX (\n type line separators). If so, then
>> except for aborting the build, it's not significant. Is anyone else
>> on Windows seeing this as an issue?
>>
> Hi Jeremy. As you say the LauncherUsage.txt file has \n alone. I'll
> give it
> a spin tommorrow and see what it is checking against. Thanks for
> "how to
> run" info, now I've done it that first time it's all a bit clearer.

If you are on Windows and that just has \n then we'll have problems.
The test code expects the file to have the same line endings as the
output from the command i.e. \n on Linux/OSX and \r\n on Windows. To
do that it sets svn:eol-style to "native" which should me \r\n on
checkout.

Are you using Cygwin? That might have an impact.
--
Jeremy

Re: LauncherUsage.txt, was: Running Java SCA Calculators sample?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 3/1/07, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 1, 2007, at 1:00 AM, Simon Laws wrote:
> >> Apologies Jeremy. This is entirely my fault. I'm running with the svn
> > client native settings here (
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/cpp/etc/svn-
> > config) rather
> > than the java setting here (
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/). I'll look
> > to see
> > if we can consolidate, or at least make them the same, as this gets
> > confusing for anyone who has the desire to look at both projects.
>
> We should probably consolidate the two but I'm not sure that this is
> the problem here. Once the property is set then it should be
> respected regardless of the auto-props setting.
>
> For this file, I have:
> $ svn propget svn:eol-style src/test/resources/org/apache/tuscany/sca/
> runtime/standalone/smoketest/LauncherUsage.txt
> native
>
> which AIUI would mean \n on OSX for me and \r\n on Windows for you.
>
> Two things I can think might mess this up:
> * Cygwin's mount options which can give everything Unix still line
> endings
> * Some 'smart' tooling which is somehow overriding the property
>
> Can you try removing this file and checking out again using command-
> line svn client from a genuine Command box and see what you get?
> --
> Jeremy

> Jeremy

You are correct. It was just cygwin messing things up. Checked out under
Tortoise and all is well.

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Re: LauncherUsage.txt, was: Running Java SCA Calculators sample?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 2/28/07, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Simon Laws wrote:
>
> > On 2/28/07, Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> This might be a CRLF issue with the master copy for the test output
> >> as it works for me on OSX (\n type line separators). If so, then
> >> except for aborting the build, it's not significant. Is anyone else
> >> on Windows seeing this as an issue?
> >>
> > Hi Jeremy. As you say the LauncherUsage.txt file has \n alone. I'll
> > give it
> > a spin tommorrow and see what it is checking against. Thanks for
> > "how to
> > run" info, now I've done it that first time it's all a bit clearer.
>
> If you are on Windows and that just has \n then we'll have problems.
> The test code expects the file to have the same line endings as the
> output from the command i.e. \n on Linux/OSX and \r\n on Windows. To
> do that it sets svn:eol-style to "native" which should me \r\n on
> checkout.
>
> Are you using Cygwin? That might have an impact.
> --
> Jeremy

> Apologies Jeremy. This is entirely my fault. I'm running with the svn
client native settings here (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/cpp/etc/svn-config) rather
than the java setting here (
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/). I'll look to see
if we can consolidate, or at least make them the same, as this gets
confusing for anyone who has the desire to look at both projects.

Regards

Simon