Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/10/30 11:05:24 UTC

Disabling sling:install by default?

Hi,

Currently the maven-sling-plugin runs sling:install by default, could
we disable that?

I find it dangerous to have stuff installed automatically by Maven,
it's easy to oversee it when building something.

-Bertrand

Re: Disabling sling:install by default?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently the maven-sling-plugin runs sling:install by default, could
> we disable that?
>
> I find it dangerous to have stuff installed automatically by Maven,
> it's easy to oversee it when building something.

+1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Disabling sling:install by default?

Posted by Lars Trieloff <la...@trieloff.net>.
This shortens the getting started guide, thus it is good.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 30.10.2007, 12:05 +0200 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
> Currently the maven-sling-plugin runs sling:install by default, could
> we disable that?
>
> I find it dangerous to have stuff installed automatically by Maven,
> it's easy to oversee it when building something.

I am kind of undecided, depending on the day of time I look at this. But
probably, it would be better to remove the install (as well as the
deploy) goals from the parent pom and require the users to explicitly
call the respective goals.

Regards
Felix

Re: Disabling sling:install by default?

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
> Currently the maven-sling-plugin runs sling:install by default, could
> we disable that?
+1

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97

Re: Disabling sling:install by default?