Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Victor <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/20 23:39:12 UTC

Client Vs Server Configuration

Hi,

I am planning to use oob server nodes (i.e. started via ignite.sh) pass a
configuration xml containing the basic discovery ip only.
In my client code, i plan to define the Cache configuration, query fields
and additionally my custom RDBMS support via implementing the
CacheLoader->load(...) method for cache miss cases.

Given this setup/configuration, I have tried the Cache/Query field
configuration part and that works, i have to yet try out the RDBMS bit via
CacheLoader. Had a couple of basic queries,

1. Is this configuration model doable and will it seamlessly work?
2. Are there any pros/con's with not having the config on the sever end,
performance, n/w hops, etc?

Thanks,
Victor

Re: Client Vs Server Configuration

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I don't see why you can't use Data Streamer here. With allowOverwrite=false
you don't even need 'get' checks.

CacheLoader is pulling data from underlying database, not sure it is the
right choice for push-style data loading.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I think that CacheLoader will be executed on server nodes. If you need data

Otherwise, sounds OK, location of cache configurations is not important
once caches are started.

Ilya Kasnacheev