Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/02/04 12:16:35 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Removal of @deprecation tags

Peter Royal wrote:
> On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 12:17  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I suggest we change the deprecation warnings in the
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.* so they do not use
>> @deprecation.  I suggest we change the representation to

>>   with an explanation here.
>

> +1 to removal and +1 to the replacement above.
>
> i can view warnings for my cocoon build once again!

with my avalon hat on, +1, and with my cocoon hat on, I want to thank
you all very much for showing such respect on your user pool.

I would like also to point out that Cocoon *is* willing to follow the
technical trails that Avalon sets, expecially after the way this little
potential friction has been resolved.

But for this, we'll need help and guidance on how to move forward and
how to update Cocoon to be more friendly toward new technological
directions Avalon takes, yet, without destroying binary back compatibility.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate [William of Ockham]

Re: [VOTE] Removal of @deprecation tags

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Peter Royal wrote:
>
>> On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 12:17  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> I suggest we change the deprecation warnings in the
>>> org.apache.avalon.framework.component.* so they do not use
>>> @deprecation.  I suggest we change the representation to

>>>   with an explanation here.
>>

>> +1 to removal and +1 to the replacement above.
>>
>> i can view warnings for my cocoon build once again!
>

> with my avalon hat on, +1, and with my cocoon hat on, I want to thank
> you all very much for showing such respect on your user pool.

:)  Contrary to popular believe, we like our users.

> I would like also to point out that Cocoon *is* willing to follow the
> technical trails that Avalon sets, expecially after the way this little
> potential friction has been resolved.

If you recall, the problem is not so much with writing the components.
It is more to do with writing containers.  Cocoon does do container
work.

I would venture to say that all of your well behaved components will
be able to be converted without any problems whatsoever.

> But for this, we'll need help and guidance on how to move forward and
> how to update Cocoon to be more friendly toward new technological
> directions Avalon takes, yet, without destroying binary back compatibility.

We will be very happy to help you.