Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Th...@ppimedia.de on 2007/04/02 10:52:05 UTC

Tapestry 4.1.1 with/without dojo

 Hi altogether,

 i was just wondering why dojo is completly hard branded on Tapestry.
 Sure it's pretty cool, but i dont want to use it ... instead of Dojo i
prefer YAHOO.

 The refactoring is complex and i need to overwrite many Tapestry default
implementations...
 Is there an easier way to dispose Dojo? What are the main causes for Dojo?
 Why is the Ajax-support for Taperstry so obsessive? What about prototype
and so on?

 Greeting, and thanks for reply ...

 Tom

Re: Tapestry 4.1.1 with/without dojo

Posted by Andrea Chiumenti <ki...@gmail.com>.
No, tapestry4.1.2 scripts are developed with dojo.
Also, if I remember well, some components, write dojo code form java side

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
That's something i would like to see (and help with) as a tacos subproject,
i.e.
tacos-yui or tacos-jquery and that's generally what i have in mind for
tacos reorganization.

And this time allowing even more active participation from the community.

On 4/2/07, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The default is Dojo because I'm a committer on the project and that's
> what I use. Go figure ;)
>
> You are free to use different implementations though, the
> ResponseContributor related services outlined here:
>

> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/tapestry-framework/hivedoc/module/tapestry.services.html
>
> Should allow you to support YUI / jquery / whatever if you don't mind
> doing the work. I may have a couple bits here and there that force
> Dojo but I'll be happy to clean them up if someone goes through the
> effort of providing a different js Response handler.
>
> We did the same thing in tacos.sourceforge.net to support prototype &
> dojo so I know already that it'll work without much effort.
>
> On 4/2/07, Thomas.Maltzahn@ppimedia.de <Th...@ppimedia.de>
> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi altogether,
> >
> >  i was just wondering why dojo is completly hard branded on Tapestry.
> >  Sure it's pretty cool, but i dont want to use it ... instead of Dojo i
> > prefer YAHOO.
> >
> >  The refactoring is complex and i need to overwrite many Tapestry
> default
> > implementations...
> >  Is there an easier way to dispose Dojo? What are the main causes for
> Dojo?
> >  Why is the Ajax-support for Taperstry so obsessive? What about
> prototype
> > and so on?
> >
> >  Greeting, and thanks for reply ...
> >
> >  Tom