Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Randall J. Parr" <RP...@TemporalArts.COM> on 2002/02/07 18:54:13 UTC

FOP TXTRenderer example?

I have been trying to get the FOP TXTRenderer working
to produce some simple ASCII reports but have been
singularily unable to get any kind of decent result.

I am trying to use FOP TXTRenderer
(as opposed to just XSLT text output)
because I have to wrap some relatively long descriptions
and I have to right justify some columns.
I have not been able to find much help in doing either from within XSLT.

I get results (fop is working fine) but no matter how
I vary the parameters I always get lots of extra whitespace
between the words.

Is there some reasonable set of font, margins, etc. that will
produce a more-or-less non-justified plain text paragraph?

Does anyone have any simple examples?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<fo:layout-master-set>
	<fo:simple-page-master
		master-name="only"
		page-height="999999in"
		page-width="8.5in"
		margin-top="0in"
		margin-bottom="0in"
		margin-left="0in"
		margin-right="0in"

		<fo:region-body/>
	</fo:simple-page-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:page-sequence master-name="only">
	<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
		<fo:block font-size="10pt" font-family="Courier"
			text-align="start" white-space-collapse="false" >
		<!-- space-treatment="ignore" not implimented yet -->
		This is my block of text
		that goes accross multiple lines, etc.
		</fo:block>
	</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>

</fo:root>

This  is   my  block   of  text   that   goes   accross    multiple    lines,   etc.

Thank
R.Parr
Temporal Arts