Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Olivier Gusching <og...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/01 10:22:25 UTC

Re: Failed to start apache ds on solaris

Actually, I had set the access permissions to 777 for the var/
directory and its subdirectories, to allow full access on the files
that caused my problems.

I just made a chmod -R 777 on the root install directory of apacheds,
and now it starts fine.

I don't understand but now it's working. If I have some other problems
in my future deployments, I will repost here.

Thanks for helping anyway :)

Olivier GUSCHING

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Olivier Gusching wrote:
> Actually, I had set the access permissions to 777 for the var/
> directory and its subdirectories, to allow full access on the files
> that caused my problems.
>
> I just made a chmod -R 777 on the root install directory of apacheds,
> and now it starts fine.

What would be interesting to have is the scripts you used to install the
server on Solaris, as we don't have installer (yet) for this system
(sorry if I thought we had it...). Also a copy of the script which
launch the server would help fixing the problem too.

I'm not too confortable with the idea that someone is running ADS with
777 rights on Unix... ( 777 is as evil as 666 ;)

> Thanks for helping anyway :)

Our pleasure !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny