Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/11/22 22:21:54 UTC

Unfrozen :-)

I'm not rolling the alpha today.  I just looked at what was involved in
doing this, and I just don't have the time anymore.  I am also wondering
if we are just releasing in the hopes to put out a beta.  I would prefer
to test the new mod_include a lot more before we actually roll the final
alpha.

If somebody else really wants to roll this, they should feel free, but I
just can't get excited about doing this.  Let's roll next week sometime,
this gives a lot more people time to really stress mod_include.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Unfrozen :-)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 01:21:54PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> I'm not rolling the alpha today.  I just looked at what was involved in
> doing this, and I just don't have the time anymore.

Unfortunately, the release procedure is a bit long :-(

> I am also wondering
> if we are just releasing in the hopes to put out a beta.

You are, at least :-)

I'm perfectly happy just waiting for it to come naturally. Personally, I
don't think our output filter stuff is sorted out well enough for a "larger"
beta crowd.

> If somebody else really wants to roll this, they should feel free, but I
> just can't get excited about doing this.  Let's roll next week sometime,
> this gives a lot more people time to really stress mod_include.

Sounds fine!

Go have a happy T-day, Ryan! :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

> I'm not rolling the alpha today.  I just looked at what was involved in
> doing this, and I just don't have the time anymore.  I am also wondering
> if we are just releasing in the hopes to put out a beta.  I would prefer
> to test the new mod_include a lot more before we actually roll the final
> alpha.

I can't say as I blame you... I'd rather see it right on Monday than wrong
tommorow ;-|  I have a bunch of code to commit over the weekend, will be
thoroughly tested by Sunday.

> If somebody else really wants to roll this, they should feel free, but I
> just can't get excited about doing this.  Let's roll next week sometime,
> this gives a lot more people time to really stress mod_include.

Happy turkey day, take a good break :-)