Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2001/01/15 20:18:59 UTC

PROPPATCH support

Hi,

I got a feature request about PROPPATCH. I'll do it eventually, but it will
rely on capabilities of the back end for storage. All the back ends (the
JNDI contexts) included with TC 4.1 won't support the storage of arbitrary
dead properties, as it would introduce a lot of complexity for almost
nothing.
That is not a spec issue, as this capability is clearly marked as a SHOULD
in the WebDAV spec.

The point of the WebDAV servlet in Tomcat is just to emulate the FrantPage
server extensions.

Remy