Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jerry Ford <jf...@katzenjammer.us> on 2004/02/17 16:49:15 UTC

Re: jsp files won't run outside of example directories.

David:

I just fought my way through this same problem.  Solved it this weekend,
with help from this forum.  Search for messages posted here last week
with "jsp deployment" in the subject for details.

Short answer for me:  don't use Tomcat's invoker servlet.  Even though
the invoker is supposedly for mapping servlets, its presence prevented
my webapp from working when I added a JSP page.  Removing the invoker
servlet-mapping element from my web.xml file and mapping each servlet
individually solved the problem.

Jerry