Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com> on 2001/10/29 21:48:21 UTC

Build problem (as of this morning)

I updated my CVS tree few moments ago and received the following error
during build:

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\jakarta-jetspeed\bin\classes
    [javac]
C:\jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\modules\actions\por
tlets\StockQuoteAction.java:70: Ambiguous class:
org.apache.jetspeed.util.String
Utils and org.apache.turbine.util.StringUtils
    [javac] import org.apache.jetspeed.util.StringUtils;
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] 1 error

I can probably deal with this error on my own, but I thought I'd point it
out.

We have an existing intranet portal based on jetspeed 1.3-a1. We are in
process of synchronizing with the current jetspeed build. Since we've added
a variety of new features this will not be a trivial task (I'm starting to
realize that now). Although we did not modify any of the original jetspeed
code a lot of the functionality has changed which affected our custom code.

Once I get in synch, what would be the best approach to minimize the process
of such code synchronization in the future. For now, I have subscribed to
Jetspeed Developer list to keep track of the daily developments but I'm
wondering if someone else has any other advice.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
IT Consultant
Voice: 219-647-4122