Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Jeff Barrett <JB...@sawyermedia.com> on 2002/05/06 20:40:59 UTC

escaping Turbine templating

I've got requirements to display "text" in a webpage that users can copy
and paste elsewhere.  This will be easier for users if our
header/footer/side nav are absent and only the text they copying is
present.  So is there a way to perhaps disable turbine processing for a
particular URL?

Thanks,
+jeff

Re: escaping Turbine templating

Posted by Stéphane MOR <st...@yahoo.fr>.
Jeff Barrett wrote:

>I've got requirements to display "text" in a webpage that users can copy
>and paste elsewhere.  This will be easier for users if our
>header/footer/side nav are absent and only the text they copying is
>present.  So is there a way to perhaps disable turbine processing for a
>particular URL?
>
>Thanks,
>+jeff
>
>--

For Turbine 2.1 (I don't know enough about newer versions), one can use

$data.setLayoutTemplate("/MyTextOnlyLayout.vm") in a template.

Then you can place a Layout in your templates/layouts/ directory, called
MyTextOnlyLayout.vm, which would only contain :

"$screen_placeholder"

(which is the actual output from your template).

Stéphane