Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org> on 2017/10/17 18:11:58 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-207:The Offsets which ListOffsetsResponse returns should monotonically increase even during a partition leader change

Hi all,

I'd like to start the voting process for KIP-207:The  Offsets which
ListOffsetsResponse returns should monotonically increase even during a
partition leader change.

See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-207%3A+Offsets+returned+by+ListOffsetsResponse+should+be+monotonically+increasing+even+during+a+partition+leader+change
for details.

The voting process will run for at least 72 hours.

regards,
Colin

Re: [VOTE] KIP-207:The Offsets which ListOffsetsResponse returns should monotonically increase even during a partition leader change

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Apurva Mehta <ap...@confluent.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

Thanks,
Satish.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 17, 2017, at 13:26, Jun Rao wrote:
> Hi, Colin,
>
> Thanks for the KIP. +1. Just a minor comment. For the old client
> requests,
> would it be better to return a LEADER_NOT_AVAILABLE error instead?

Good idea.  I changed it to LeaderNotAvailableException.

best,
Colin

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

With binding +1 votes from Jason Gustafson, Jun Rao, and Ismael Juma,
non-binding +1 votes from Manikumar, and no +0 or -1 votes, the vote
passes.

best,
Colin

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the KIP.

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
+1. Thanks for the KIP.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason Gustafson <ja...@confluent.io>.
Thanks for the KIP. I'm assuming the new behavior only affects ListOffsets
requests from the consumer. Might be worth mentioning that in the KIP.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
Hi, Colin,