Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by YuanGao Zhang <yz...@convedia.com> on 2006/08/15 03:09:25 UTC

Help needed for TOMCAT CGI configuration: how to run an executable binary/script cgi (not perl)?

I have a cgi written in c/c++, built into a binary executable, say
"myCpp.cgi".
I put it under webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/cgi and then try "get
/cgi-bin/myCpp.cgi",
nothing happens.

It works if I use a perl script instead, say, "get /cgi-bin/myPerl.cgi".
I assume the actually command is "perl xxxxxx" so "perl myPerl.cgi"
works but "perl myCpp.cgi" doesn't, according to conf/web.xml
  <!--   executable           Name of the exectuable used to run
    -->
  <!--                        script.
       -->

How can I configure the tomcat to run the script directly instead of
using an "executable", namely, runing "myXXX.cgi" not "perl myXXX.cgi"?

Any help ismuch appreciated!

Yuangao

RE: Help needed for TOMCAT CGI configuration: how to run an executable binary/script cgi (not perl)?