Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/05 19:34:04 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.6.0 candidate 2

This is the third release candidate for Apache ZooKeeper 3.6.0.

It is a major release and it introduces a lot of new features, most notably:
- Built-in data consistency check inside ZooKeeper
- Allow Followers to host Observers
- Authentication enforcement
- Pluggable metrics system for ZooKeeper (and Prometheus.io integration)
- TLS Port unification
- Audit logging in ZooKeeper servers
- Improve resilience to network (advertise multiple addresses for
members of a Zookeeper cluster)
- Persistent Recursive Watches
- add an API and the corresponding CLI to get total count of recursive
sub nodes under a specific path

The full release notes is available at:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12326518

*** Please download, test and vote by February 8th 2020, 23:59 UTC+0. ***

Source files:
https://people.apache.org/~eolivelli/zookeeper-3.6.0-candidate-2/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachezookeeper-1049/

The staging version of the website is:
https://people.apache.org/~eolivelli/zookeeper-3.6.0-candidate-2/website/

The release candidate tag in git to be voted upon: release-3.6.0-2
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/tree/release-3.6.0-2

ZooKeeper's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
https://www.apache.org/dist/zookeeper/KEYS

Please note that we are adding a new jar to the dependency set for
clients: zookeeper-metrics-providers.

Should we release this candidate?

Enrico Olivelli

Re: [CANCELLED] Re: [VOTE] Apache ZooKeeper release 3.6.0 candidate 2

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
Good catch, Enrico...

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
-1

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Posted by Brian Nixon <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

- verified tests pass on both MacOS and Windows
- verified documentation

Note that the branch-3.6 proper does not compile and needs the fix of
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1239 (for the same reasons).

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Szalay-Bekő Máté <sz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Damien Diederen <dd...@sinenomine.net>.
+1 (non-binding)

Unit tests pass on NixOS 19.09.

Built SSL-enabled C clients on NixOS and Windows 10, and smoke-tested
them against a (non-SSL enabled) NixOS-hosted server.

Cheers, -D