Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by shahzad bhatti <sh...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/04 22:34:46 UTC

Showing Arabic text

I am trying to display arabic text using Label component and it's not
displaying properly. Is there a way to do something similar to Swing's
        label.setComponentOrientation(ComponentOrientation.RIGHT_TO_LEFT);

in apache pivot. I tried setting horizontal alignment to
HorizontalAlignment.RIGHT but that didn't work.

Thanks.

Re: Showing Arabic text

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I'm sorry but I'm not sure if this is possible now, anyway I can
verify ... and HorizontalAlignment is for alignment of text so this is
not useful in your case.

Excuse me, but to better understand:
to try to reproduce what you need, is it enough to write right to
left, or do I need some specific font/localization in the OS ?

Thanks,
Sandro