Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Carmelo Montanez <ca...@nist.gov> on 2001/09/21 20:29:24 UTC

Another servlet problem

Hi All:

    Thanks for the help yesterday.  I am doing a similar thing as AMIT,
however my servlet
gets the writer before it gets to the PDF stuff (I need it for other
reasons) and
I get the Exception:

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: getWriter() has already been called for
this response"

Any way around that?
Carmelo

Same servlet problem

Posted by Semprini Davide <da...@cineca.it>.
Hi at All,

I have encountered the same problem of
Carmelo, I have a JSP Page that generate
dinamically PDF file getting input XML Dynamic and urlXSL!
My jsp generate correctly with FOP 0.20.1 a PDF file
but when I'm trying to open it M.IE visualize me
(the pdf) like a object ActiveX on left top page!

Please can something help me?????????

tanks in advance

Re: Another servlet problem

Posted by "Rajagopal. V" <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Another servlet problem

Re: Another servlet problem

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.
You could try using getOutputStream and then building your own Writer by
putting on an encoding. The IllegalState is because you can't use the
Writer and the OutputStream in the same servlet.
But it seems to me if you've already written something to the output and
the FOP output is appended on to that, it won't be a legal PDF file...

-Karen