Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Julian Moritz <ma...@julianmoritz.de> on 2010/03/30 22:41:29 UTC

hash function in javascript

Hello,

for one view I need to calc the md5 checksum (or any equivalent hash)
for a string. Is there really no implementation of the md5 algorithm in
JavaScript?

Regards
Julian

Re: hash function in javascript

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
A quick search on google reveals one immediately.

Posted by Robert Sanford <wo...@gmail.com>.
Won't that be expensive to run inside of JavaScript? Is there a native
Erlang hash function that could be accessed from the JavaScript runtime
similar to the _sum() method that is faster than the JavaScript native
version of sum()?

rjsjr

Posted by Elf <el...@gmail.com>.

--