Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by suresh babu yella <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/08 23:36:40 UTC

Remove default files, example JSPs and Servlets from the Tomcat Servlet/JSP container.

Hi,

We are using tomcat 6.0.18 and we got common vulnerability reported for
having   default files, example JSPs and Servlets from the Tomcat
Servlet/JSP container.

I need a steps to  Remove default files, example JSPs and Servlets from the
Tomcat Servlet/JSP container.

Thanks
Sures

RE: Remove default files, example JSPs and Servlets from the Tomcat Servlet/JSP container.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: suresh babu yella [mailto:suresh.b.yella@gmail.com]
> Subject: Remove default files, example JSPs and Servlets from the Tomcat Servlet/JSP container.

> We are using tomcat 6.0.18

If you actually had any concern for security, you would not be using a version that's nearly five years old.

> we got common vulnerability reported for having default files, example
> JSPs and Servlets from the Tomcat Servlet/JSP container.

That's the least of your worries.

> I need a steps to  Remove default files, example JSPs and Servlets from the
> Tomcat Servlet/JSP container.

The rm commands works for me, but you might want to undeploy the undesirable webapps first.

 - Chuck