Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Ga...@gmx.de on 2013/09/06 12:56:12 UTC

Aw: Re: [ApacheDS] Porting 1.x based custom partition to 2.0

>> 3. do you know of any examples for this for 2.0 ? I only know examples for
>> 1.x and know that these won't work for 2.0
>>
>I guess not, I will update the example code to work with the latest trunk
>and let you know

I do not want to rush anyone so please take this as what I indend it to be: a polite question.
Did you already find the time to update or can you estimate when this will be available ?

Regards,

Re: Re: Re: Re: [ApacheDS] Porting 1.x based custom partition to 2.0

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:35 PM, <Ga...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Having this example comes in very handy, thanks for that.
> But I have two questions: is it already foreseeable when the "interface"
> will be fixed ? Reason for my question is that I want to build our new
> solution on a final release and not on a milestone.

yes, partition interface is already locked, and the only change that will
likely happen is
in the constructors that we are reviewing at the moment to pass an
additional parameter (the DN factory)

> Second question: is there an example how to implement a partition with a
> custom backend ? I know there were examples for JDBC in 1.x but did not
> find one for 2.0

take a look at the implementations
MavibotPartition or JdbmPartition (which use a disk based backend )
AvlPartition (which is an in-memory partition)

these should serve as the perfect examples and if you get stuck somewhere
feel free
to post here we might be able to help

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Aw: Re: Re: Re: [ApacheDS] Porting 1.x based custom partition to 2.0

Posted by Ga...@gmx.de.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
Here[1] is the updated sample using M15 (M16 has changed the way a
partition is initialized, so
used M15 instead to keep it clear for the sake of understanding, except
that there is no major change
in initializing with M16)

P.S:- I have mistakenly replied earlier with the content "I know where the
problem is but haven't ..."
         this was supposed to be a reply for another email about ACIs

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Aw: Re: Re: [ApacheDS] Porting 1.x based custom partition to 2.0

Posted by Ga...@gmx.de.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari