Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Samir <nt...@esamir.com> on 2009/07/31 17:25:46 UTC

Maven Newbie

my previous setup was an ant environment where all the dependencies
(both open source and internal) were all bundled up into a single jar
file.

I think I'm getting a handle on how to build project and add
dependencies to open /freely available packages, I was wondering if
anyone can point me to a good resource that explains how setup my own
maven repo for internal usage.

Basically the way I see it is:

mvn install would
1.  fetch the FLOSS (free/open) library from the maven repo
2. fetch the internal library from internal maven repo.
3. combine and bundle everything as a jar or desired deployment method.

Thank you for any help.

--
Samir

Re: Maven Newbie

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.
Did you read maven guide?
http://www.sonatype.com/products/maven/documentation/book-defguide [?]
 <http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html>

2009/7/31 Samir <nt...@esamir.com>

> my previous setup was an ant environment where all the dependencies (both
> open source and internal) were all bundled up into a single jar file.
> I think I'm getting a handle on how to build project and add dependencies
> to open /freely available packages, I was wondering if anyone can point me
> to a good resource that explains how setup my own maven repo for internal
> usage.
>
> Basically the way I see it is:
>
> mvn install would
> 1.  fetch the FLOSS (free/open) library from the maven repo
> 2. fetch the internal library from internal maven repo.
> 3. combine and bundle everything as a jar or desired deployment method.
>
> Thank you for any help.
>
> --
> Samir

Alexander