Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Paul Symons <Pa...@paradigmgeo.com> on 2004/01/14 10:54:28 UTC

data transfer progress

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was struggling to think of search
terms that would reap results for my query. Anyway...

I'm using axis with wsdl2java tools to connect to remote soap servers.
Sometimes the Call requests take a very long time to complete, because a lot
of data is being transferred. However, it is difficult for me to know the
difference between a Call timing out because of a dropped network connection
(quite common with these servers as most things are beta and unstable) or
because there is a large quantity of data being returned.

So to summarise, I'd like to know when data is been received, as opposed to
blocking because data is being waited on.

I couldn't find anyway in axis to determine this sort of information. I have
the source code and have been poking around, and I thought there may be
something in the http transport code to help me do this, but couldn't find
anything.

Can anyone suggest any existing ways to accomplish what I'm after, or what
would be the best way to accomplish it?

Regards,

Paul Symons