Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Daniel McEnnis <dm...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/01 22:03:04 UTC

creating a sandbox project?

Apache Commons Dev,

Ho do I initiate a sandbox project? I have a collection of tools for
automating factory class creation for objects, including dynamic loading
without configuration files, auto-loading new factory types, GUI friendly
automated factory browsing, GUI friendly automated browsing of factory
implementation options, etc. with implementation of creation functions on
an factory Abstract class to get this. How do I get started?

Daniel.

Re: creating a sandbox project?

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
For small projects, I wouldn't go through the incubator if they ultimatley
should end up at commons anyway.

You can send a [PRPOSAL] mail to this list, describing the project you have
in mind.
- what can your project do?
- what is the value of the project?
- how das it relate to other projects within and outside the ASF (in your
case: why would I use your project instead of for example using spring
beans with scope prototype?)
- what are the use cases you're trying to address?

Make the code available (github/googlecode) and convince others, that your
library is useful. Provide some examples, so people get an understanding of
how the parts play together.

If you can convince people from your idea, the code can move to commons
sandbox.

Regrads,
Benedikt

--