Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si> on 2011/03/03 15:38:01 UTC

pharmaceuticals through faked Twitter

Just in case one would like to attach additional spam score to faked twitter
messages with original twitter text, faked signatures, and actual URL links
to spam sites, here are the rules (for SA 3.3.*, DKIM plugin enabled):

full   __L_DKIM_VALID_TWITTER eval:check_dkim_valid(twitter.com)
header __L_FROM_TWITTER  From:addr =~ /[\@.]twitter\.com$/mi
meta   L_FAKE_TWITTER  __L_FROM_TWITTER && !__L_DKIM_VALID_TWITTER
score  L_FAKE_TWITTER  5

  Mark

Re: pharmaceuticals through faked Twitter

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 19:53:47 +0100, Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>

>> > full   __L_DKIM_VALID_TWITTER eval:check_dkim_valid(twitter.com)
> I don't want to whitelist valid mail from twitter - too much junk there.

lets hope it only be there, so far i have seen more problems with yahoo

here is only useing whitelist_from_dkim to friends i have seen in person,
all other valid dkim get def_whitelist if its not spam, and i more or less
then just adjust scores on that base

back to get rfc 2671 solved here :(

Re: pharmaceuticals through faked Twitter

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
Benny,

> > full   __L_DKIM_VALID_TWITTER eval:check_dkim_valid(twitter.com)
>
> why not check_dkim_invalid(foo) ?

There is not such eval rule 'check_dkim_invalid'.

Even if it were, it would be misleading: a bad signature is supposed
to be indistinguishable from a missing signature.

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 12:54:09 -0500, Michael Scheidell
<mi...@secnap.com> wrote:
> On 3/3/11 12:43 PM, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>> why not check_dkim_invalid(foo) ?
>>
> because if you, your isp, them, their isp, your dns provider, their dns
> provider have a problem, and you can't look up the public key, you just
> blacklisted them.

imho dkim checks are like postfix destingt between domain not found and
nameservers not answer, where postfix tempfaults if no answer, would dkim
test for invalid not do the same on no dns results ?

Re: pharmaceuticals through faked Twitter

Posted by Michael Scheidell <mi...@secnap.com>.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Best in Email Security,2010: Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine 2008

Re: pharmaceuticals through faked Twitter

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 15:38:01 +0100, Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>
wrote:

> full   __L_DKIM_VALID_TWITTER eval:check_dkim_valid(twitter.com)

why not check_dkim_invalid(foo) ?

if its valid, use def_whitelist_from_dkim *@twitter.com

or whitelist_from_dkim foo@twitter.com if bigger whitelist score is needed

> header __L_FROM_TWITTER  From:addr =~ /[\@.]twitter\.com$/mi
> meta   L_FAKE_TWITTER  __L_FROM_TWITTER && !__L_DKIM_VALID_TWITTER
> score  L_FAKE_TWITTER  5

anyway thanks for the rule

still just use 3.3.1 here so i dont know if check_dkim_invalid is possible