Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Asfand Qazi <aq...@sanger.ac.uk> on 2012/06/01 11:08:34 UTC

Re: Cannot get highlighting to work

On 31/05/12 21:10, Jack Krupansky wrote:
> Try a query that uses a term that doesn't split an alphanumeric term
> into two terms.
>
> Then check to see what field type you used for the symbol and
> marker_symbol fields and whether the analyzer for that field type has
> changed in 3.6.

Aha - yes, not using number fields makes the highlighter work.  The
analyzer had been changed by another dev (helpfully) for the fields I
was trying to highlight to solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory - I changed it
back to solr.WhitespaceTokenizerFactory, as it was in the 1.4 config.

With a lot of hope I tried to fire the same query, but the exact same
thing happened - the highlighting for a document is an empty document
(i.e. { } ) just like before.

Any other clues?

Thanks

> -- Jack Krupansky
> -----Original Message----- From: Asfand Qazi
> Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:32 PM
> To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: Cannot get highlighting to work
>
> Hello,
>
> I am having problems doing highlighting a Solr 3.6 instance, while it
> was working just fine before on our 1.4 instance.
>
> The solrconfig.xml and schema.xml files are located here:
>
> https://github.com/mpi2/mpi2_solr/blob/master/multicore/main/conf/schema.xml
>

> (please note the incorrect line wrapping - it should be on one line)
>

> https://github.com/mpi2/mpi2_solr/blob/master/multicore/main/conf/solrconfig.xml
>

> (please note the incorrect line wrapping - it should be on one line)
>

> The query I fire off (which worked on the 1.4 instance) is:
>
> /solr/main/select?q=Cbx1&wt=json&hl=true&hl.fl=*&hl.usePhraseHighlighter=true
>

> (please note the incorrect line wrapping - it should be on one line)
>
> I expect a section like:
> {
> MGI:105369: {
> symbol: [
> ],
> marker_symbol: [
> ]
> }
> }
>

> I get:
> {
> MGI:105369: { }
> }
>

> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks

       Asfand Yar Qazi
       Team 87 - High Throughput Gene Targeting
       Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute

Re: Cannot get highlighting to work

Posted by Asfand Qazi <aq...@sanger.ac.uk>.
Ah... on further inspection of the schema, I saw that the field type was
a custom one that had been configured differently from the standard
'text' one.  I simply got rid of the custom field type and set it back
to text.  Then as you said I reindexed the data (another blunder on my
part before).  Now it works!  Thanks